Packing & Shipping Your Bouquet
Time is of the essence!
After your event, it's important to package and ship your bouquet or floral arrangement quickly in order to preserve its beauty. We've got you covered with easy steps for packing the flowers correctly - and if anything is unclear just send us a message through our chat feature or drop us an email! With overnight or express shipping recommended, choose a carrier of your choice, and ship those blooms off for preservation.
Shipping your flowers is more a battle against time than any issues that could arise from the shipping process. Don't worry if it's been a few days since your special event, the preservation process does an excellent job of masking imperfections and we use techniques to restore your flowers vibrancy.
Please note: We produce each preservation on a first-come-first-serve basis and everything is handcrafted, so our turnaround is about 5 months from when we receive your flowers.
Here's what you'll need to ship your bouquet
One Carboard Box
You’ll need a single box – just a little larger than your actual arrangement of flowers or bouquet.
We recommend either crumpled newspaper, crumpled wrapping paper or Styrofoam packing peanuts. Please don’t use bubble wrap, plastic bags or plastic products to package your flowers.
Ordinary packing tape you’d use to seal and ship any other package.
Mementos, Photos, Invitations, etc.
Please include any mementos, photos, invitation(s), program, prayer cards, favors or other special items you’d like included in your keepsake. Make sure you protect these items with cardboard cushioning if necessary and within a plastic bag to keep them dry.
Packing your flowers to ship to Bouquet Casting Co
To ensure your flowers reach Bouquet Casting Co in perfect condition, it's best to plan a trip to the shipping carrier as soon after packing them away in the box. This will minimize their time spent cooped up and maximize freshness when they arrive at their destination!
1. Keep your bouquet in water until you get ready to ship (**Please ship your flowers within 24 hours of your event!)
2. Take a wet paper towel or rag and wrap it around the stems, place the stems in a plastic bag to catch any water, and secure it all with a rubber band - this will keep your flowers hydrated during their journey.
DO NOT wrap flower heads in plastic, only the stems.
3. Do not do anything to the heads - keep them open so they can breathe
4. Make a nest for your flowers in the bottom of the box with your crumpled newspaper or packing peanuts
5. Now, place your flowers in that nest. Fill the box to the top with the remainder of packing peanuts or crumpled newspaper, making sure you fill the sides of the box with packing material as well to ensure the bouquet doesn’t bump around in the box, causing damage
6. Please include a note for us in your package with the name your order was placed under, and include any photos, mementos, or additional items you want included in your preservation
7. Finally, close the box and seal it with your packing tape
Overnight ship your bouquet to our studio
For those looking to ship their precious package in a timely, cost-efficient manner - the US Post Office may be your best choice. With convenient locations and competitive pricing, sending an arrangement or bouquet overnight should be around $30-150 per shipment depending on the weight of your package.